Despite being in middle of the latest lockdown, the good news is that property viewings are still permitted to go ahead...
We know you may have concerns or queries and we want to address them today. We’ve taken every caution to make sure there are measures in place to help each viewing run as safely and smoothly as possible.
Below we’ve listed our approach, for both buyers and sellers...
It’s still permitted for you to attend viewings at properties that you’re considering moving to. The guidelines are as follows;
- Keep a 2-meter distance from those that are not part of your bubble
- Wear a face covering
- Wash your hands regularly
- Do not touch your face
Hosts, or anyone letting people into their home for a viewing, should apply the precautions above, plus;
- Attend to surfaces with antibacterial spray
- Pay particular attention to cleaning door handles and light switches
- Open windows to keep the property adequately ventilated
For buyers or potential tenants, online and virtual viewings are a great way to learn more about your prospective home, without having to leave the sofa. You’ll probably want to book a physical viewing at some point too, but a virtual viewing is a great place to start. It lets you identify homes you’d like to see in person and those that don't make the grade, whilst avoiding unnecessary travel.
Any person who is experiencing any symptoms should stay at home to prevent further spreading.
For the safety and reassurance of all parties, everyone at a viewing will be asked to fill in a short questionnaire. It will ask participants if;
- Anyone from your home has had COVID-19
- Anyone in your home has shown COVID-19 symptoms
- Anyone in your home is currently isolating
- You are considered high-risk
If you have any questions ahead of your appointment, please ask your agent. We would recommend asking as many questions as possible before seeing properties in person - this helps to save time on the viewing itself.
Viewings are exciting. You could be opening the door to your dream home. Take the stress out of the journey there with our top travel tips;
- If possible, walk to viewings
- If using public transport, try to avoid peak travel hours
- Use personal transport options where possible
- Plan where you're going to park - ask your agent for a recommendation if you’re unsure
- Arrive on time to avoid contact with those who may be viewing before or after
Yes, this very well could be your next dream home but you do need to be mindful that it isn’t yours just yet. Someone else could be living there at the moment so try and bring along items that will limit the spread of the virus;
- Anti-bacterial hand sanitiser
- Paper hand towels or a small towel
- Face mask
- Disposable gloves – not essential but recommended
- Your phone – to contact the agent and take photos or notes
- Your own refreshments (i.e water)
That’s it! You’ve had your safe and secure viewing. This process has been put in place for your safety, security and peace of mind. Once you’ve had your viewing, you may want to chat through any questions or comments - try to arrange a video call for shortly after. We know you’re excited. We know that your agent may have just found your forever home but do not shake hands, as tempting as it may be. Elbow bumps only for the foreseeable future!
Selling? Looking to buy? You’re in the right place. Get in touch to see how we can keep you moving through the lockdown.